At Kingsdown and Ringwould we look to develop the whole child ensuring that the basic life skills are nurtured and developed in order for learning and academic success to be experienced. On entry to school each child is profiled using Boxall. This starting point for each individual guides us to provide the best experiences whenever they join us. This benchmark profiles an individual’s needs which can be addressed to enhance the learning journey. Learning through play is continued beyond the early years and we drive ourselves to provide a broad curriculum with a wealth of enrichment opportunities built in. We regularly use Leuven when we notice changes in behavior and our open door policy enables parents to confidently share things in a child’s personal life which can be affecting their well-being.
“Their curiosity and enjoyment in finding out about people and the world is nurtured. As a result, they make very rapid progress personally, socially and in all areas of learning.” Ofsted 2016
Through our nurturing approach we empower children to take responsible risks and develop a self confidence that provides them with the skills to enjoy their school experiences.
6 overarching principles:
1. Children’s learning is understood developmentally
2. The environment offers a safe base
3. The importance of nurture for the development of self-esteem
4. Language is a vital means of communication
5. It is understood that all behaviour is communication
6. The importance of transition in children’s lives is understood.