Meet our Spirituality Team!
We have a super, dedicated Spirituality Team here at Kingsdown and Ringwould Primary: Paige, Elsie, Freya and Scarlett.
The team work with Mrs Forsyth and Mrs Allen to take responsibility for the designing, arranging and running of Prayer Days, utilising our outdoors Quiet Garden in innovative ways and suggesting ideas for our school’s unique spiritual journey to be full of awesome wonderment and reflection!
They are enthusiastic individuals who work well as a team. Here are some possible ideas for building spirituality into your life which they suggest can help to find inner calm and contentment:
- Smile and stay on the positive side when things worry you, share them by talking with someone special.
- Art can help you to relax, you don’t have to make a finished piece, just enjoy the ‘doing’ part.
- Reading time and getting lost in a story helps my well-being.
- Chatting to others is great.
- I think helping others makes you help yourself too.
- Playing games can be fun and make you feel good.
- Sometimes we draw to a story, I feel relaxed when I try this.
- Breathing and focusing on something happy can help my mind feel good, I think it is called being mindful.
- You can watch calming clips online (check with your grown-up first to make sure they are suitable).
- Do what you enjoy in your free time to feel happy, it helps you to enjoy life more.
- Play with your friends.
- Let people who are special to you know how you feel about them.
The Spirituality Team remind us that being spiritual looks and feels different for everyone as we all experience spirituality in unique ways.